Igboho's Yoruba Nation Lagos Rally Will Go On, Aide Reveals

 Olayomi Koiki, media aide of Sunday Adeyemo, a Yoruba youth leader better known as Sunday Igboho, says the Yoruba nation rally scheduled for July 3 in Lagos will still take place despite Igboho’s announcement that the rally has been suspended.


The rally was cancelled by Igboho on Thursday in an interview with BBC News Pidgin after his house was attacked by operatives of the Department of State Services. Two persons died in the attack while some of the supporters of Igboho were arrested and later paraded in Abuja.

In a live broadcast on Friday, Koiki said he had been in contact with the organisers of the rally, insisting that it will go ahead.

“I can rightly confirm that the rally will go on as planned. Once again, the 3rd of July rally will go ahead as planned. I have spoken to the organizers, nothing has changed so far,” he said.

“It will take place from 9 am and all arrangements will go ahead. Before coming on air, I spoke with George Akinola, the secretary of Ilana Omo Oodua. I also came out with the press statement from with Prof Banji Akintoye. He is working tirelessly for the release of 10 persons that were kidnapped from the house of Sunday Igboho.”

Hakeem Odumosu, commissioner of police in Lagos state, has however warned Igboho and other agitators not to hold any rally in Lagos.

According to him, anyone caught taking part or facilitating the rally will be dealt with.


No comments

Sponsored Partner's Advertisement